Alternating stripe and checkered patterns gives the Reykjavik rug a background of subtle texture, lending depth to its rich granite color Each is hand loomed in India by master artisans, in a wool and bamboo viscose blend.
Due to the handmade quality of our rugs, they may vary slightly in size and/or color. Rug pattern is scaled to rug size and may vary from the images shown.
• Viscose & Wool
• Viscose: Synthetic, shiny fiber made from bamboo—sometimes called ‘art silk’. Oftentimes used as a more affordable substitute for silk. Some rugs are made of 100% viscose, but it’s more commonly used as an accent fiber.
• Wool: The most commonly used natural fiber in rug production. Wool usually refers to fibers from sheep. Fiber diameter is the single most important characteristic, determining price and quality.
• Hand-Knotted: Using a loom, a master weaver carefully knots yarn around one or two warps (columns of thread). The end of the knot creates the pile of the rug. More knots per square inch delivers a more defined pattern and enhanced durability.
• Pile height: 0.38"
• Backing: No
• Made in India
• Avoid placing a viscose rug in high traffic or high moisture areas. Whisk up any spills or stains by blotting with a dry cloth. We recommend scraping solids with a dull knife or nail file. If in doubt, opt for a professional cleaning service.
• Regular Pile: Vacuum regularly. We recommend once a week (especially in the first month), unless it’s looped, braided or a shag rug. Removing the beater bar is recommended.
Most rugs ship via FedEx and arrive within 3-4 weeks of order receipt.
At Studio McGee, we take design and craftsmanship very seriously and we want you to love these pieces as much as we do! Our artwork is carefully inspected prior to shipment, but damages do happen, and we ask that you inspect your pieces upon receipt and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement when notified within 30 days of receipt.
McGee & Co. does not accept returns or exchanges on the following items: custom upholstery, fabric swatches, furniture, art, sale items, or items purchased at warehouse sales or pop-up shops, or gift cards.
If you have questions about shipping, delivery or returns, please see our Shipping & Returns page for our full return policy, call our Customer Care team at 801.494.1915 or email us at email@example.com.