Inverness Hand-Knotted Wool Rug Swatch
• Overall: 1' W x 1' L
• Pile Height: .43"
• 87% Wool, 8% Cotton, 5% Other Fibers
• An all natural fiber made from the protective coats of sheep. Wool is very resilient and durable – its texture allows it to recover quickly from indenting caused by footsteps or furniture. Wool rugs will withstand the elements of life for years without showing signs of wear.
• Natural and soft. Sometimes used as thread for the base of a rug. Easy to clean and maintain.
• Construction: Hand-Knotted
• Hand-Knotted: Using a loom, a master weaver carefully knots yarn around one or two warps (columns of thread). The end of the knot creates the pile of the rug. More knots per square inch delivers a more defined pattern and enhanced durability.
• If spills occur, blot immediately. Use a common wool cleaning detergent to remove stains. Do not use oxygen cleaners on your wool rug. For substantial spills and stains, we recommend professional cleaning only. Avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading. Wool will look great for a long time just by vacuuming regularly. Be sure to turn the beater bar on the off setting before vacuuming.
• Regular Pile: Vacuum regularly. We recommend once a week (especially in the first month), unless it’s looped, braided or a shag rug. Removing the beater bar is recommended.