Orton Rug Swatch
• Material: Wool & cotton blend
• Wool - an all natural fiber made from the protective coats of sheep. Wool is very resilient and durable – its texture allows it to recover quickly from indenting caused by footsteps or furniture. Wool rugs will withstand the elements of life for years without showing signs of wear.
• Cotton - natural and soft. Sometimes used as thread for the base of a rug. Easy to clean and maintain.
• Handwoven: The yarns of a handwoven flat-weave rug are braided or woven directly on a loom. This produces an extremely tight, long-wearing weave with a flat, low profile that won’t obstruct doorways or create a tripping hazard on hard flooring. Because they don’t have a backing, flat-weave rugs are reversible, but should be secured with a rug pad.
Handwoven from wool in a variety of sizes, the Orton Rug embraces contrast in an exaggerated plaid pattern. In rich brown, charcoal, and beige, this textile has an expressive warmth that gives nod to a more traditional pattern. Between its subdued interest and warm neutral palette, the Orton Rug grounds your space with ease.
Due to the handmade quality of our rugs, they may vary slightly in size and/or color. Rug pattern is scaled to rug size and may vary from the images shown. Rug swatches cannot be returned or exchanged.
• If spills occur, blot immediately. Use a common wool cleaning detergent to remove stains. Do not use oxygen cleaners on your wool rug. For substantial spills and stains, we recommend professional cleaning only. Avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading. Wool will look great for a long time just by vacuuming regularly. Be sure to turn the beater bar on the off setting before vacuuming.
• Appropriate rug pad is highly recommended on all surfaces to prevent slipping, add cushion, and improve durability.